Carpeted flooring is a luxury, but sometimes, you may have to do things you don’t like, such as cleaning the carpet.
Vacuuming can be a tedious task if done manually, which is why iRobot’s Roomba is so popular. Some of the most beloved budget robot vacuum cleaners are the Roomba 675 and the Roomba 690 that has been thoroughly reviewed so that you can choose the right one.
iRobot Roomba 675 vs 690 Vacuum Cleaners: Full Review & Comparison
It’s okay if you don’t have time to read an in-depth review; sometimes, you don’t have time for that. The following should help you decide between these two floor cleaners:
If you are looking for affordability, then the 675 model could be the right choice. Those looking for a few more features may want to consider the 690 model. This option comes with the ability to sense virtual walls. The 675 will need physical barriers so that it knows where to stop.
Manually placing barriers may not be ideal, but you are still going to be working less. After charging, the 690 resumes its task without you inputting any information. You aren’t going to get that feature from the 675.
You should know that the 690 is a little older than the 675, which is strange since the 690 comes with smarter features. Both are recommended robotic vacuum cleaners, but the right choice is the one that matches your preferences.
iRobot Roomba 675
- The vacuum offers adaptable cleaning, which helps the device clean carpets and hardwood floors
- It features bristle-less vacuuming that ensures no hair will get tangled during cleaning
- It comes with edge-sweeping to clean corners and edges of your wall.
- The device has an internal dustbin and filter that help prevent dirt being recirculated.
- Dirt detection is present in all Roombas, which ensures that the device stays on dirtier regions until the job is done.
- Wi-fi compatibility helps you control the Roomba with your smartphone, Alexa, or Google Home.
- It has a 1,800 mAh lithium-ion battery that’ll help the Roomba clean for up to 90 minutes
- The Roomba will return to its charger when it senses that it needs to recharge.
There’s a lot to talk about when it comes to the iRobot’s Roomba 675 like its unique three-part cleaning system that makes it a strong vacuum.
The reason it’s so effective is that the vacuum loosens up the debris or dirt and lifts it. Once those two steps are taken care of, the device uses the suction step to finish up the job.
It’s unbelievable that you are going to be getting all that cleaning power from a small Roomba that measures 13.0 by 3.7 inches. The design is similar to the Roomba 690, but that makes sense since the iRobot has tried to maintain a recognizable design.
- It is an updated model that receives routine updates from the company.
- This option is more affordable than the 690.
- The device is highly rated by customers, and that’s always a plus.
- The device can get stuck from time to time.
- Sometimes, coverage is less than perfect, meaning some rooms might be missed when cleaning, but this issue usually corrects itself soon enough.
- Usually, you can only find this device online.
What Customers Are Saying
Customers have varying opinions regarding the device, but most opinions are quite positive.
Some love how quiet the device is while others like that the device can clean better than they could have imagined.
Still, there are a few who don’t like that the device doesn’t continue cleaning when it’s done charging.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know what to expect from the 675, you can see why it’s one of the most popular models out there and why it’s being recommended here. Sure, it’s not a perfect device, but it beats vacuuming yourself.
iRobot Roomba 690
What are the Similarities?
- Both systems use the three-step cleaning process.
- iRobot ensured that both devices can be linked to smart devices through wi-fi.
- The devices use the same battery, and they last the same amount of time.
- They come with an internal filter to ensure no debris is recirculated.
- You can’t schedule them to clean separate rooms at different times.
- The devices have a soft bumper all around that helps ensure they do not damage furniture or other items as they are cleaning.
- When it comes to maintenance, they are both relatively the same since you have to empty their dust bins and replace their filters as recommended.
- The dust bin capacity for both is around 0.3 L, which is pretty good for a vacuum of their size.
- Both devices are bagless, so that helps with decreasing your carbon footprint.
- The company offers a year warranty for both of these powerful vacuums for your own peace of mind though the warranty is limited, so make sure you read the specifications.
- These are cordless devices, so you don’t have to worry about endangering your family.
One aspect of the 690 model that helps it stand out is the dual-mode virtual wall. You must understand how special this feature is so that you know why many folks love it.
The virtual barrier controls the device by creating a wall that the device won’t cross while it is cleaning your home. You can make the virtual wall 10 feet long to prevent the device from crossing into an area where it’s not supposed to be.
You can also switch the barrier from a straight line to a circular wall. You get four feet in circumference, thanks to the virtual wall.
This way you can keep the Roomba 690 away from things like your pet’s water bowl or items that can easily break should the Roomba 690 hit them while cleaning the floor.
Furthermore, you can consider another model of Roomba ,because we created comparison of Roomba 960 vs 890 Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
- The 690 model comes in either gray or black whereas the 675 only comes in black
- It has the dual-mode virtual wall, which makes it easy for your device to avoid areas without you placing any physical obstacles.
- This device comes with an extra filter, which should come in handy.
- The Roomba 690 resumes its task once it is done charging, making your job much simpler.
- The machine may get stuck from time to time.
- The device is a little pricier than the alternative.
- The 690 model can be a little noisy.
What Customers Are Saying
Some customers complain about the noise, but the reality is that it’s quieter than a regular vacuum.
Still, it may be a good idea to avoid phone calls or watching something on TV while the device is working.
For the most part, the reviews for the 690 are quite positive. Most of them talk about how well the machine can clean flooring or carpets.
Some people say that the device doesn’t clean dark-colored floors and carpets as well as it should, but the number of customers that shared that complaint is few.
Of course, there was a chunk of customers that didn’t love paying so much for the 690 model, but there are ways around the price. For example, customers can purchase a used model or a refurbished one. This is entirely up to you, but it is a good option to consider if the price is a concern.
The Bottom Line
Now, you know more about the 690 model, and that should help you make your decision. Those who don’t mind spending a little more on the perks that the 690 offers may want to choose this option.
It may be a good idea to reconsider this choice if you have darker floors or carpeting since there were a few past customers who complained about their Roombas not being able to clean these types of floors as well as expected. It’s better to be safe than sorry, and this is your chance to do that.
Choosing between two great models can feel overwhelming, but now you know each of these devices have their strengths and weaknesses.
Knowing this should make the choice easier for you. This is not really a one-size-fits-all kind of situation, so just do your best to write down your needs, and choose the one that should work best for you.
Out of the two, it seems like the 690 may be a good option since it does come with more convenient features, but that is for those who are willing to splurge a bit though the features do make the investment worthwhile.
Don’t misunderstand the fact that this is still a robotic vacuum cleaner under $300, which is a bargain, but it’s a little more than the 675 model.