Robot vacuums are increasingly becoming popular among households because of their convenience and efficiency. Robot vacuums spare you the trouble of walking around your house with a hose and a canister in attempts to clean dust, debris, and pet hairs from your floor and sofa upholstery.
There are several robot vacuum cleaners that you can pick from, and after researching them all, we have compiled a comparison of Ecovacs vs. Irobot vacuum cleaners. We identified these models because their features and performance levels stand out from the rest in the market.
ECOVACS Deebot vs iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuums Comparison
|iRobot Roomba i7+ Robot Vacuum||ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950 Robot Vacuum|
|Run time||Up to 75 minutes||Up to 200 Min|
|Dimensions||13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches||13.7 x 13.7 x 3.66 inches|
|Dustbin||500 ml||430 ml|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
ECOVACS Deebot vs iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuums Reviews
ECOVACS Deebot Robot Vacuum Review
Deebot vacuum cleaners are budget-friendly robot vacuum cleaners with advanced features and smart-home compatibility that make them comfortable and convenient.
They are small to enable them to navigate in between and under furniture but have a sufficient dust bin for dirt collection during cleaning.
Main Differences Between ECOVACS Deebot Robot Vacuums: 661, OZMO 920 and OZMO 950
|Ecovac Deebot OZMO 950 Robot Vacuum||Ecovacs DEEBOT OZMO 920 Robot Vacuum||ECOVACS DEEBOT 661 Robot Vacuum|
|Navigation Technology||Smart Navi 3.0 (Laser)||Smart Navi 3.0 (Laser)||Random + Hard Floor|
|Automatic Charging||Recharge & Resume||Recharge & Resume||Recharge|
|Run Time||Up to 200 Min||Up to 110 Min||Up to 110 Min|
|Levels of Suction||3 (Normal, Max, Max Plus)||2 (Normal, Max)||2 (Normal, Max)|
|App Control & Scheduling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Alexa & Google Assistant||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Obstacle Detection & Anti-Drop||Yes||Yes||No|
|Cleaning Report with Full Map||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Virtual Boundaries & Area Mode||Yes||Yes||No|
|Dimensions||13.70 x 13.70 x 3.66 inches||13.70 x 13.70 x 3.66 inches||13.07 x 13.07 x 3.11 inches|
|Dust Bin Capacity||430 ml||430 ml||520 ml|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Ecovacs Deebot 661
The Deebot 661 robot cleaner comes with an interchangeable bin and water tank enabling it to dust and mop. It has an optimized navigation system that allows it to pinpoint and clean every spot in your room.
It also has anti-collision sensors and protective bumpers to protect it from accidental damage. Other features of the Deebot 661 are high-efficiency filtration system, a massive dust bin, and large wheels for efficient navigation.
Ecovacs Deebot OZMO 920
Similar to the Deebot 661, Deebot 920 robot cleaners come with side brushes, cleaning tools, and mopping pads. The Deebot 661 also has multi-floor mapping features allowing it to create up to 3 different maps for houses with multiple spaces.
They also have voice-activated control systems using Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa platforms. It has significantly higher suction power than its Deebot 661 counterpart.
The Ecovac Deebot 920 provides users with up to 110 minutes of battery life, which is more than sufficient for cleaning big rooms.
The dusting and moping tools paired with the powerful suction of the Ecovac Deebot 661 and 920 make cleaning dirt from any surface material convenient.
Ecovac Deebot OZMO 950
The Deebot 950 is similar in design and performance to the Ecovac Deebot 920. However, the Deebot 950 has a higher battery life of up to 3 hours of cleaning time than the 110 minutes that its counterparts offer.
This extended battery life and elaborate control features make the Ecovac Deebot 950 more expensive than the Deebot 920 and 661 models.
- Mapped robot cleaners like the Deebot cleaners are more accurate than sensor-driven vacuum cleaners. They allow you to preset the locations for your vacuum cleaner to visit.
- They have premium features like advanced voice control through Google HomeKit and Amazon Alexa, enabling you to direct and redirect them to areas of your house that need more attention.
- You can control Deebot vacuum cleaners using an app on your smartphone. That way, you can schedule cleaning programs and set out maps for the vacuum cleaner to navigate while cleaning.
- The robot vacuum cleans of a Deebot vacuum cleaner is adequate because the Deebot has both dusting and mopping capabilities.
- The Deebot vacuum cleaner is the best robot vacuum for pet hair removal because of the high suction capabilities and ability to navigate under and in-between furniture.
- Deebot Vacuum Cleaners struggle to navigate from a floor surface to the other. They end up leaving patches of dirt and debris along the transition boundaries.
- These cleaners only come with one mop cloth. Therefore, you will need to remove and wash the towel after every cleaning session.
- Deebot Vacuum cleaners clog their cleaning heads when they come across papers or larger particles lying on the floor when they are cleaning.
What Customers Are Saying
The Ecovacs Deebot robot vacuum reviews from customers that we came across highlight that these appliances are efficient and convenient. Consumers respond well to the smartphone synchronization capabilities and the vacuum cleaners’ compatibility with Google HomeKit and Amazon Alexa.
Their mapping system also enables more accurate identification of cleaning areas in the house, creating further customer satisfaction and appreciation.
The Bottom Line
Ecovacs Deebot vacuum cleaners are sophisticated and efficient appliances that any homeowner can purchase to reduce their cleaning workload.
Let us see where Deebot vacuum cleaners stand in the Ecovacs vs. Roomba comparison.
iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum Review
Irobot Roomba Vacuums are close competitors to the Ecovacs Deebot vacuum cleaners. They are remote-operated robot cleaners with Wi-Fi connectivity.
These robot cleaners have an automatic emptying feature that eases the burden of emptying your vacuum cleaner after every clean-up. They are reputable for extremely high suction and multi-surface rubber brushes, which makes them the best vacuum for pet hair removal.
Main Differences Between iRobot Roomba Models: Roomba E5 , Roomba i7 and Roomba i7+
|iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba E5 Robot Vacuum (5150)|
|Run Time||Smart Charge & Resume||Smart Charge & Resume||90 mins|
|Imprint Smart Mapping||Yes||Yes||No|
|Cleaning Pattern||Cleans in neat rows||Cleans in neat rows||Adaptive|
|Floor Type||All (indoor)||All (indoor)||All (indoor)|
|Washable Dust Bin||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Navigates obstacles & stairs||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Team up Braava jet m6 robot mop||Yes||Yes||No|
|Weight||7.44 lbs||7.44 lbs||7.2 lbs|
|Dimensions||13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches||13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches||13.45 x 13.39 x 3.65 inches|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Irobot Roomba E5
This robot vacuum cleaner has a battery run-time of 90 minutes before automatically docking for a recharge.
It contains dirt detection technology to identify and clean dirty areas using the seeping brush and auto-adjust cleaning head attachments. It has high-efficiency filter traps for pet hair removal. It has high powerlifting suction for better performance.
Irobot Roomba i7
Although the Irobot Roomba I7 looks the same as the Irobot Roomba E5, it is far superior in features and functionality.
It has mapping technology to guide it through your floor plans during cleaning, has multi-surface rubber brushes for pet hair removal, and is compatible with Google HomeKit Amazon Alexa like its predecessor.
However, the Irobot Roomba I7 has twice the suction power as the Roomba E5 . It also has automatic dirt disposal abilities and intelligent imprint link technology that enables it to vacuum and then mops your floor during cleaning.
Irobot Roomba i7+
The Roomba i7+ is a futuristic robot cleaner with impressive features and capabilities. It contains all the features of the i7 series with new technology that improves its functionality and convenience.
It has automatic disposal features for disposing of dirt and allergen lock bags that trap pollen and mold from getting to the environment when emptying the dust bins.
The Roomba i7+ is the most expensive of the Irobot Roomba robot series because of its cleaning ability and improved technology.
- Irobot Vacuum cleaners have more suction than the Deebot Vacuum cleaners.
- Irobot Roomba cleaners use iAdapt navigation systems with sensors and application software to map your house and enable it to clean better.
- Roomba vacuum cleaners have powerful motors that deliver high suction to remove dog and cat hair from carpets and sofa upholstery.
- The Roomba cleaners have automatic dirt disposal that empties the bin of debris and dirt.
- Roomba vacuum cleaners automatically find their way to their chargers to recharge when their batteries are low.
- Irobot Roomba vacuum cleaners are noisy, and you may not be able to perform other duties in the house during cleaning. You can schedule cleaning sessions during the time that you are away from home.
- Roomba robots have difficulties maneuvering around obstacles. Many times the robot vacuum cleaner gets stuck in between furniture spaces.
- Robot cleaners are only capable of cleaning level floors. Robot cleaners are unable to clean uneven floors and elevated steps like stairs and other high grounds.
- Irobot vacuum cleaners require regular checking and maintenance to remove stuck papers and large debris.
- Compared to competitors like Deebot vacuum cleaners, Roomba cleaners are expensive.
What Customers Are Saying
One outstanding review from a consumer is that the Roomba customer support can remotely connect to the app and see any errors in your robot vacuum cleaner.
A disappointing factor is your Wi-Fi has to be turned on at the time of your scheduled cleaning for the vacuum to automatically power and start cleaning. However, most consumers commended the ease of use of the Irobot vacuum cleaners and their numerous smart synchronization features.
The Bottom Line
In summary, the Irobot Roomba vacuum cleaners are high-end vacuums with numerous features that make your cleaning experience better. They come out superior in the Deebot vs Irobot Vacuum cleaners’ comparison, and hence, they are more expensive.
The self-dirt disposal feature is one of the most attractive features of the Irobot Roomba cleaners. Its other attractive features include programmable modules to schedule automatic cleaning sessions.
- Shark ION F80 vs Dyson V10 Stick Vacuum Comparison
- How to Clean Ash Stains Out of Carpet
- 10 Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners under $200 for Your Home in 2022
- 10 Best Portable Carpet Cleaners for Cars Reviews in 2022
Although Irobot Roomba seems to be ahead in the Deebot vacuum vs. Roomba robot vacuum cleaners comparison, both vacuum cleaners have significant benefits that a user can enjoy.
You can benefit from the high suction and smart features of the Deebot Vacuum cleaners at a cheaper cost or pay more to get more advanced features and better suction with the Irobot Roomba Vacuum cleaners. Either of them will be a worthy addition to your household appliance collection.