Which is the most ideal Bissell Powerfresh steam mop to purchase this year? In this Bissell 1806 vs. 1940 comparison, we will determine which one stands out between the duo. Top-notch mops and vacuums are crucial in eradicating visible dirt.
However, to get rid of unseen bacteria and germs, you will need steam mops. There are multiple brands producing steam mops in the market. After in-depth research and reading customer reviews, we settled for the best ones.
Bissell is famous for its top-of-the-line and advanced products. This post will explain the best two Bissell steam mops in the market.
Comparison of Bissell 1806 vs Bissell 1940 Steam Mop
|Bissell 1806 Steam Mop||Bissell 1940 Steam Mop|
|Washable Microfiber Pads:||Yes||Yes|
|Variable Steam Levels:||Yes||Yes|
|Weight:||6 lb||6 lb|
|Water Tank Capacity:||16 oz||16 oz|
|Steam Control:||Continuous Steam||Continuous Steam|
|Features:||SpotBOOST Brush||Easy Scrubber|
|Surface Type:||Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble||Sealed Hardwood, Ceramic, Linoleum, Granite, Marble|
|Power Source:||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Cord length:||25 feet||23 feet|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Bissell 1806 & Bissell 1940 Steam Mop Reviews
Bissell 1806 Steam Mop Review
- Assembly is simple enough and does not require an expert skill.
- The power switch’s absence allows the boiler to begin generating hot steams after plugging it to a power source.
- The protrusion on the grip enables you to wind the cable when not in use.
- It offers quiet operation and easy to alter flow use. The boiler produces the hot steam within 30 seconds and leaves a refreshing breeze scent when cleaning.
- The Powerfresh deluxe features low and high settings in regards to the cleaning you need.
The Bissell Powerfresh steam mop 1806 is a freestanding device that can be utilized in any part of your household.
Contrary to the preceding model, it has an additional scrubbing nozzle for detaching sticky messes. This steam mop is lightweight, straightforward to use, and excellent for cleaning hard surfaces.
The Bissell Powerfresh deluxe steam mop is more affordable than similar designs and decorated with a two-year warranty, that connotes excellent value. Its design features a water reservoir fitted to the top part; thus, you don’t have to sideline the entire unit when conducting refills.
- You can utilize the Bissell power fresh deluxe 1806 steam mop on various floors, including stone floors, hardwood floors, marble floors, ceramic floors, and many more, thanks to its versatility.
- When mopping, you can either use the washable soft pad or scrubby pad. They are expertly constructed, and since they are washable, they can be used more than once.
- Like the Bissell 1940 Powerfresh steam mop, this product sports a simple profile but has an extensive mop head. When detached, it exposes the brittles used in handling tougher messes.
- Although the mop easily maneuvers around household structures, its joint prohibits a complete sideways turn when moving debris. The mop’s wide head edge also restricts reach around tight areas.
What Customers Are Saying
Fine vapor jets are emitted under utility; however, some purchasers complained of tiny water puddles’ appearance. Some buyers noted that the product is easy to install thanks to the instruction manual. They add that the base moves and swivels proficiently to reach tight spaces.
The Bottom Line
If you are searching for a reasonably priced steam mop that’s powerful, properly-designed, and versatile, then the Bissell Powerfresh deluxe steam mop is among the compelling alternatives in the market. Note that purchasing a Bissell item means you are helping save pets.
Bissell 1940 Steam Mop Review
- The Powerfresh standard mop has a freestanding design for easy storage. The handle connects to the unit’s body, that’s also attached to the mop’s head. The mop’s rear side features a tiny hook that holds the cable when not in use
- The cleaning head holds this device’s cleaning pads. The microfiber pads are washable, thus can be reused a glut of times. These pads have a slot within the interior for inserting the Febreeze tablets that leave a clean smell after mopping.
- Despite its simple design, it provides an impressive aesthetic—the entire unit sports blue and white color that’s emphasized by the unit’s buttons.
- Users can also flip down the miniature scrubbing brush found on the rear of the cleaning head. This brush agitates stuck-on dirt after passing steam over them.
The Bissell 1940 Powerfresh steam mop works dedicatedly to eliminate the entire grunge from floors. It’s suitable for both textured floors and textured floors. Like the Bissell 1806, it terminates 99.9 percent of bacteria and germs for a safe environment.
This gadget is available with an advanced control that enables you to adjust the steam type to use on cleaning the floor surfaces. You can select the high, medium, or low setting. The package includes a mop, one scrubby microfiber pad, one soft microfiber pad, and double scent disks.
This well-balanced steamer has a strong cleaning performance and exceptional maneuverability.
- The pads are thick and additionally cushioned to get into patterns and grooves within your flooring. For instance, vinyl floors with vaguely lifted patterns and small channels are no issue for the standard Powerfresh.
- This mop has a water tank that holds fifteen ounces of water, enough to last 30 minutes, and covers a wide floor area. The unit emits hot vapors within half a minute, and you don’t’ need to hold a trigger in place when mopping, thus minimal hand strain and comfort when cleaning.
- This Powerfresh mop works twice as fast as other various steam mops currently in the market, thanks to the in-built scrubber, which efficiently dominates the dirt on the floor.
- We were also impressed with Powerfresh’s versatility. It can shine, sanitize, and scrub floors: thus, no need to get on your knees and hands. This prevents injuries on your back and knees.
- You can use this device on different hard floors such as tile, ceramic, laminate flooring, cushion flooring, marble, stone, and tile.
- The buttons are placed on the lower front side; thus, you have a bend to reach them. Some users uttered that the device doesn’t eliminate grout.
- This item comes with no cooling pad, thus you need to set up a safe cooling spot for it. There are zero attachments for cleaning vertical surfaces or counters. You also need to vacuum or clean the area before using this device.
What Customers Are Saying
Purchasers said it takes less than five minutes to assemble this appliance, and the mop smoothly glides over the floor surface. The device is lightweight and straightforward to utilize. Other consumers said the device offers years of use, and the pads handle grime properly.
The Bottom Line
If your floors are highly susceptible to stubborn dirt, then opt for the Bissell 1940 steam mop. It has a scrubber that efficiently scrubs grout away. This device is straightforward to utilize and may be refilled amid usage. Unlike other steam mops, you don’t have to wait for the device to cool down.
Recommended for Read: Best Commercial Mopes.
We have first need to commend Bissell’s concentration to pets. Apart from manufacturing per-friendly appliances, a portion is every sale contributes to the Bissell Pet Foundation.
The swivel steering, weight, size, and the aspect that 99.9 percent of bacteria and germs will be destroyed are similar between the Bissell 1940 and the Bissell 1806.
The decision between these two Bissell cleaners appliances trickles down into three aspects: steam settings, extra cleaning abilities, and color.
We loved the Bissell 1940 for its purple specs as well as three digital steam setting. This item is perfect for individuals who have hard floors cumbersome to clean since it efficiently cleans all types of hard floors.
The 1806 Bissell was also impressive due to its in-built spot brush that handles stubborn areas. It’s ideal for budget-conscious folks who are looking for an item with advanced cleaning features.